- If you are in this business for respect, get out asap. Tenants don’t pay rent out of
- respect, they pay to avoid the pain of late fees or eviction.
- No pain, no gain! Just like kids tenants won’t do what you want until there is some kind of pain to avoid or eliminate.
- Tenants lie and landlords tend to be gullible. We WANT to believe in people.
- If they didn’t pay because they don’t have the money, you can’t get blood from a turnip. No amount of letters, talk or threats will make a bit of difference. If they can’t pay, they need to go.
- Stick with the system. Rent, late fees, eviction. Both your life and the tenant’s life will have less stress. Don’t reinvent the wheel for every resident excuse. We ADAPT the
system to unusual circumstances, but the system stays in place.
- Stay in control. The landlord is in charge, NOT the tenant. Losing this control will cost you big time in aggravation and legal fees.
- Don’t micromanage your property—-or don’t make it obvious .Seeing your landlord on a daily basis will only cause resentment and anger. NEVER rent to people you don’t trust.