5 Obscure Real Estate Laws
2. Residents of Illinois (excluding Chicago) are now permitted to paint their trees purple in order to keep trespassers off their property
3. Plattsburgh, N.Y.-Hedges and bushes encroaching on sidewalks have to be trimmed. The law allows the city to trim overgrown hedges and bill the property owner. Similar laws in Lockport, N.Y. And Harlingen, TX allow the town to mow the residents’ lawn when grass grows over one foot.
4. Pitkin County, CO-“Toy Ranches” are no longer considered agricultural property. A “toy ranch” is if the property around the house is used for grazing but the house itself isn’t integral to the ranching operation.
5. South Carolina-Homeowners who want to recycle copper pipes must obtain a permit from the local Sheriff’s office. The goal is to curb illegal stripping of copper for cash to recyclers.
- Short Sale Legal Issues Affecting Real Estate Agents Part #2
- Technology and Geographical Location—How Is This Affecting The Real Estate Industry?
- Short Sale Legal Issues Affecting Real Estate Agents – Part #1
- Short Sale Legal Issues Affecting Real Estate Agents Part #3
- Never A Better Time Than To Invest in Real Estate than———-NOW!